09 Jan Best of 2015 – Looking forward to 2016
Gratitude – this is the most powerful weapon you can use when you struggle in life. You can find gratitude in everything: a new day, the blue sky, a warm bed, a compliment you get, a loving partner, a child or a pet in your life, your unique personality, time spending with the loved ones, a moment of laugh, a walk, a book you read, a talent you have, your knowledge. Bear in mind: it is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.
Is also important not to focus on what you don’t have. You can’t never realize gratitude if you spend too much energy focusing on what you don’t have instead of using that energy on things you like to do which will bring you satisfaction and gratitude.
Things like those described above are the type of things that I’m grateful for and writing them down, like this, it made me realize what a grateful year was the year 2015. Maybe for you will not seem much of achievements, but for me, they make sure not to forget that no matter how hard life gets, I still have the power to do great things, things that I like, things that I can be grateful for. So here they are, the best of 2015:
1. I already had a great start when I won in January the contest for Inglot Belgium, the first and the only Inglot shop opened in Belgium. It was a pretty tight contest and my first time participating in a makeup contest. Thanks to you guys I won and I put my hand on a bag full of 250€ worth of makeup products. Here you can find out what I won: Inglot Be Selfie
You can see some looks created with their products on the section Portfolio of my blog.
2. In March I was invited to the Blush Styling-and Beauty day event organized by the Blush Academy&Agency, an event who brought bloggers and other VIP’s together. This was my first event attending as a blogger. It was a unique experience who combined the two things I’m in love with: Fashion & Beauty. It also gave me the opportunity to meet other bloggers.
More about this event (video included): Blush Styling- en Beautydag
3. And then came my first media appearance as a blogger in the Jet magazine. I was very proud of it even if it is a local magazine.
4. In June I was a winner for the contest organized by Hunkemoller, a worldwide known lingerie store. There were more than 3500 photos posted for the contest and my photo won, being the lucky winner of a pair of personalised boxing gloves and sport clothing worth of 275€. I also appeared in their monthly magazine which you can find in there store.
5. I ended the year quite surprised when after posting my last article of 2015, Cosmoplitan Netherlands shared my picture on their Instagram account.
This article you can find here: It’s That Time of The Year